HEY! Welcome to the first weekend of the Summer Blog Promo Tour! It was organised by the wonderful girls at The Book Bratz. For the next 7 Sundays I’ll be publishing a post that basically pimps out a different blogger. They deserve it, after all. All the hard work we all put in. Today’s post is all about Valerie from HeSaidBooksOrMe. I will be interviewing her, and finding out what makes her tick… 😛
1) Well, hello there, Valerie of He Said Books Or Me. I checked out your blog and it’s mighty pretty, how long have you had it and what inspired you to start blogging?
Thank you and thanks for hosting me :)! I have had my book blog just a little over a year now. I actually have had a personal blog for about eight years for updating family and friends on our daily lives but then the book parts started taking over, so my mother in law suggested that I try a book blog. I liked it and went with it! 🙂
2) Out of interest, how old are you and at what age did you get into reading…y’know…as more than a hobby? 😛
Old enough to have a mother in law. haha 🙂 A lady never tells her age!
Oh gosh…I have always been a reader. When I was a little girl I would memorize the stories so that I could ‘read’ them to my sister. Books have always been such a big part of my life, I don’t ever recall a time when they weren’t.
3) Kiss, Marry, Kill: Draco, Hermione, Neville?
Kiss Neville, Marry Hermione (the best conversations!), and Kill Draco.
4) You’re on an island and you have three books with you, but suddenly a storm strikes and you manage to save only one! Oh no! What books did you have to sacrifice? (and which one did you save?)
Oh gosh this is hard…I would have saved The Richest Man in Town, because it is my favorite book ever. The other two probably would have had to go. Hard to say what they were because I am a bit of a mood reader sometimes, but it wouldn’t matter because I would always save that book.
5) I saw on your blog you like to travel: where’s the one place you’d love to visit?
I love to travel! I want to go to ALL of the places. Seriously. I have been to 44/50 states (with two more that I should be visiting this Fall). I have been to 2 continents so far, but will be getting my third also this Fall! 🙂
6) Do you listen to music whilst reading, if so, what kind?
I love music, but not usually while reading. When I do have music on it it is usually country. 🙂 I grew up in North Dakota so it reminds me of home!
7) Do you have a favourite snack while you’re reading?
Does coffee or tea count? I love a warm drink while I read 🙂
8) How many books do you own?
Ummmm…maybe around 100 books? Not a ton. I have actually tried really hard to keep my stacks from being out of control. I try to bring them to Little Free Libraries when I am done with them.
9) Do you like reading challenges? If so what’s the most you’ve read in a week before?
Yes, I love them! Probably one of the 24 hour readathons. They are intense!
10) If genres were colours, what do YOU think they’d be? i.e: Green = Fantasy
11) It’s been a pleasure having you here, one last question, What’s your most anticipated book for either this year or 2017?
I am really looking forward to Elin Hilderbrand’s Winter Storms out in October! 🙂