Hey guys, it’s week 4 of the #SBPT and we were in full swing of it. This week it’s all about Peyton from A Bookish Mess. She’s going to be doing the Ultimate Reader Tag. Take it away!
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car? Not at all 🙂
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Emery Lord… I have just now begun to read outside of my normal genre and she is the first author I have truly loved in her genre. She writes about things that people face on a daily basis. Real life issues that are sensitive to most – she isn’t afraid to tackle them and she does it with a grace that is amazing and so well written .
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter. Hands Down. — 1. The books are more realistic and can be easily related to.. 2. The books are REAL. I know some think Twilight is something that is possible – but as much as I loved it, I know it is completely unhealthy to have a love like that… 3. You WANT to be in the Potter world. Everything about the world just draws you in. There are so many aspects of the story and so many characters that there is someone you can relate to, someone you can see as your spirit animal and someone you can see yourself visiting the Harry Potter World with!… and point number 4 just because – You can actually visit the Harry Potter World!
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
I do! It’s also known as my purse. Aside from my kindle and whatever actual book I am reading at the time – it holds my phone, wallet, an extra bookmark, baby wipes, an extra pull-up or two and whatever it is that the kids decided they didn’t want to hold on their own that day lol.
5. Do you smell your books?
I do. Yeah, I am that person. There is nothing better than the smell of a book!
6. Books with or without little illustrations? Gah! — Without for the most part. but I love books that give a little family tree or a map or something important like that – if it pertains to the story!
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Well.. way to just throw that one in there! — Honestly – Fifty Shades of Grey.. I read it when all the hype was going on – all 3 books. While I still like them and I even liked the movie, though it was lacking — going back and re-reading those books I couldn’t even imagine what I was thinking the first time! I was like, “OMG! why did I think this book was the business back then?!”
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share! I was reading Are You There God? It’s Me, Margret by Judy Blume. In the book she does this exercise to “increase her bust.” — It just so happens you have to move both arms back and forth while changing, “I must, I must, I must increase my bust!” — So while doing this one day, because I thought it was really going to make my boobs big (which, btw – I ended up with TOO big of them, but that’s another story!) — My brother and his friend.. who I was totally crushing on – decided to walk by my room. I didn’t close my door so they saw and heard me and just proceeded to stand there laughing and mocking me. My brother still does it to this day!
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Candy Store by Bella Andre — it’s only about 120ish pages.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – over 700 pages!
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I do write sometimes. I would love to publish my own novel, but I do not think I am there quite yet.
12. When did you get into reading?
When I was about 11 or 12.. I remember picking up the Clearwater Crossing series by Laura Peyton Robers.. I have been hooked every since then!
13. What is your favorite classic book?
Pride and Prejudice.. Along with Romeo and Juliet.. I was reading one for school and one on my own.. It’s a toss up as to which I love more.
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
I aced them both 🙂
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
I have had this happen to me before! I actually gifted it to a friend who likes to read as much as I do.. I let the person who gave it to me know and she said she understood! I read so much that sometimes it’s hard for people to get me actual books!
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
This isn’t really lesser known – but The Maze Runner really reminds me a bit of The Hunger Games! Again, not too lesser known – but the Percy Jackson books sometimes remind me of things in The Potter world!
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
Blast music.. I don’t think this is a bad habit -but other people in my house do lol
18. What is your favorite word?
Totally not blogger friendly – but growing up in a military family.. living around military bases.. having a military brother and now being married to a military man.. I am very fond of the F word lol
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I’m a legit book reading, gamer headset wearing nerd!
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires.. better stories 🙂
21. Shape-shifters or Angels? Why?
That’s a toss up.. Are we talking about white robe wearing angels? Or fallen angels? There is a difference here! I have read some excellent books about fallen angels and reapers.. is both an option?
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves – because.. hotness.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
GAH! Again, is both an option?! I guess if I HAD to pick – Forbidden love.. but I love them both!
25. Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed?
I love the romantic suspense – but it’s an equal amount. If I am reading a romance novel, I want the romance in there! I do love me some action though!
Thanks to The BookBratz for letting me take part in this promo tour and thanks to Peyton for being on my blog. See you next week.
I apologise for the decline in quality this week. I am away at comic con and I hadn’t done all the editing in time.